Covid-19 Update from Kannangara Thomson
A message to our valued clients and contacts
At what is a challenging time for all of us, the team at Kannangara Thomson want to assure you that we are absolutely committed to continuing to provide you with the same high level of service which you have come to expect from us.
As much as possible we are trying to continue to conduct business as usual whilst staying absolutely up-to-date with all developments issued by the Government and the Ministry of Health. The situation with regard to Covid-19 is one which is evolving on a daily basis. We are acutely aware of the health and safety of all of our staff, you our clients and everyone we deal with at Kannangara Thomson.
Our offices remain open however, as the safety of all our staff and clients are paramount to us, increasingly, we are going to try to conduct as many meetings as possible by means such as Skype, Zoom, Facebook messenger or Facetime.
We are actively taking steps to follow all recommended procedures and guidelines and reviewing this regularly. In particular, we are taking the following steps:
- For your benefit and ours we are restricting physical contact so we ask that please not be offended if you are not offered a handshake
- Any of our staff who are unwell or display any possible symptoms will be asked to stay home
- As much as is practicable, physical distancing is being observed within our offices
- Although in short supply, we have hand sanitiser available in our offices
- We are carrying out additional cleaning of high touch surfaces such as telephones, meeting room tables, door handles and lift buttons.
- Books and newspapers have been removed from our reception
- We have updated our email sign off to request that you please not attend our offices if you feel unwell, have had contact with anyone who potentially has the coronavirus, have recently visited an overseas location known to have cases of coronavirus or have been in contact with someone known to have recently visited an overseas location known to have cases of the virus
If for any reason a meeting conducted by electronic media is not practical and a meeting in person is required, please do not take offence if we enquire prior to the meeting about your health, any recent travel you may have undertaken or if you have had contact with anyone who has recently returned from overseas.
In the event that there is a government directive that workplaces be locked down or should any of our partners or staff are required to self isolate and work from home, we have taken steps to ensure that we are all able to do so and continue to provide you with excellent service from home. In those circumstances, meetings via electronic media would be the only viable option.
We wish you all well at this challenging time. Keep safe. We will advise you as any updates come to hand via our website or Facebook page.
The team at Kannangara Thomson